Wednesday, August 26, 2009

We cut it!

After months of contemplation I decided it was time to cut Elsa's hair. Micah didn't like the sound of it, Elsa really doesn't care and I was done with trying to comb, wash, and style it. So today we took the plunge! Our neighbor cut for us. She was talking to me while she was cutting, and honestly, I don't know what she said, I just nodded, "uh-huh." I couldn't believe what had just happened! It was all gone, just like that!
I decided to donate it to "Locks of Love" and explained to Elsa what that meant. She was pretty excited about it. The shock hasn't quite worn off yet for Micah and I. Especially Micah. I just have to keep reminding him (and myself) "it will grow back."








7 comments:

  1. So cute! You are going to love how easy it is to fix. Marley's gets shorter and shorter. That's awesome that you donated it. She looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it is super cute, and she was able to have it all go to a good cause which is a huge bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Her hair was so long! But, she is beautiful both ways! How ya doing with four kids? Any better?

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks so great with it cut. Micah will get used to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. jenny, butt cute!!! how great you gave it to locks of love! olivia did that last year, and is trying to grow it out again this year for the same reason! you're such a good mom! love watching you (in 2-D) with your family! how about we try for 3 or 4-D ~ lol
    miss ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the haircut. Way to be brave. Hope you're hanging in there. Call me when you're up for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! And it will be so much easier to "do". What a great idea to donate it. It is "just hair." I would LOVE to get together...let me know when is best for you.

    ReplyDelete