Monday, January 26, 2009

LIVY DID IT!!!!!

Livy and her purple blanket, finally reunited!

As most of you may know, we have been potty training Livy since May of last year. We have been successful with the pee pee, but not once, has she gone poop in the potty. Micah and I have tried everything from bribing toys, treats, and parties to spankings, cold showers, taking away prize possessions and not letting her have any treats. Months and months of this and NO SUCCESS! The past few weeks she even has been regressing to the point where she wouldn't go pee pee on the potty at all. We were at our wits end and decided not to try anymore!! She has been in and out of pull ups and diapers for months now. Every time I would look for guidance from our Pediatrician or the internet, the overall sensus was to just leave it alone and not be mad when she poops or pees in her pants.
I decided the other day to have a "sit down" with her and tell her that "I want you to pee and poop on potty, but if you don't, I promise that dad and I WILL NOT get mad anymore." I reasured her that we love her and that its okay, we won't get mad anymore. I think she was really happy to hear that and since then has gone back to peeing on the potty. Last night I again pulled her aside and showed her a princess activity kit that I had for her, (I thought I would give bribery one last shot) I told her that if she pooped in the potty she could have it.
This morning while I was on the treadmill, she went potty and kept calling for me, when I went in the bathroom she shouted, "I POOPED!" You might as well told me that I won the lottery. I couldn't be more happy. I shouted and cheered and made the biggest fool of myself, but I didn't care. Then of course, she asked me for the princess toy, which I gave to her along with her purple blanket,(which was one of the prize possessions we took from her in the beginning) and a couple of cookies. She had finally done it. I have rolled out the red carpet all day and I am still making a big deal about it. I only hope that she does it again. I will keep you posted.

4 comments:

  1. big day!!! what is it about the poop'n? cade did it once and will never go back! scared the "crap" out of him! he's a champ with the pee pee, but don't even mention poop to him... hmmm. i'm really glad you shared this info!!! ~ thanks
    well tell livy congrats and keep up the dirty work! your such a cute mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Livy!!! You finally earned your prizes! Maybe you can come over and teach Peyton a thing or two, huh?! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I know the feeling - before and after the poopy. It is such a relief once it is just done. Yeah for Liv!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! It is always a nice thing to have accomplished (for her mostly and for your sanity). I know exactly how you feel.

    ReplyDelete