Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaugaration Day

With all that was going on today, I thought it was best if I write down a few of my thoughts. It was quite amazing today to view the whole inaugaration ( did I spell it right?) I was impressed to see so many people with such hope and admiration for Barack. He is just a man, right? My thoughts were that this guy has a lot to live up to. I couldn't believe the expectations that people have given him. Don't get me wrong, I really understand and appreciate the magnitude of such an event, but it seems that people are getting carried away and he hasn't (in my eyes) proved that he has earned it yet. I too am hopeful that things will improve and I have enjoyed watching people really stepping up and wanting to serve and make this country better. I hope people carry through with their intentions.

Elsa watched a little bit of the inaugaration today at school on TV and when she came home, we talked about why it was such an important event. She doesn't really understand that alot of it has to do with the fact that he is African American. Which I really appreciate about her and her age. She doesn't see color. I hope that this new President will really keep that hope in all americans and inspire them to change for the better.

I didn't mean to get on a soap box today, but this is the closest I get to personal journaling. I am greatful for this country and the sacrifices that have been made for my family and I today.

3 comments:

  1. jenny, i agree. he has made A LOT of promises, more then any other pres. we'll see the long term effects, and people will have a rude awakening! he IS just a man!!
    also:
    my book wasn't too expensive. i had about 85 pages, and used premium paper for about $50 (includes 2 day delivery) it took me about a year to do (i'm planning on doing one book a year). open a blurb account, then each time you post to your blog, go add a new page to your book. next time i'll spread out the pics. i thought 85 pages would be bigger, but it's a thin book. i'll chunk it up more (still only like $60-75 for more pages) worth it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY JENNY YOU SHOULD PUT SOME GOOD MUSIC ON YOUR PLAY LIST NON OF THAT SISSY STUFF. WELL SEE YA LATER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. He has alot to prove to all of us that didn't vote for him. I think because he is African-American that makes him an equal for all the races in our country. Which is a good thing. It just shows how far we've come as human beings!!!
    How are you doing anyway?

    ReplyDelete